Big Rig collects two types of information: personal information that you as users knowingly disclose to Big Rig and website-use information automatically generated by users as they interact with the site.
As part of the application process, Big Rig will collect information relating to your business and you personally as an authorized representative of the business for your business, in order to determine whether your business qualifies for credit. In addition, Big Rig collects two types of information from your business and you personally as an authorized representative of the business for your business. Information is collected directly as provided by your business through you as an authorized representative of the business, or provided on or through its website:
- Information that you provide to Big Rig (either directly or through access to third party websites where your information is stored) and
- Website-use information automatically generated as you navigate the website.
Big Rig and its agents and representatives collect information about your business and authorized representative of the business personal information about you from various sources (including, without limitation, from credit reporting agencies, creditors, and businesses and financial institutions with which you have had a financial relationship). Personal information includes, without limitation:
- Your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address, telephone number, date of birth, and other contact information as an authorized representative of the business for your business
- Your business name, address, tax id number, business inception date, business bank statements (and data about your banking transactions), telephone number and address
- Financial information, such as your bank name and your bank account number, personal and business credit bureau reports, payment behavior, and other reports concerning your credit history and experience
- Other financial or personal information about you, such as your percent ownership in the business, your liabilities, and your financial condition
- Your social security number
- Your identity through an acceptable form of government issued identification
- We may collect data through a third party site inspection vendor, or social media sites or services
- Information about any previous loan applications you may have previously applied for (directly or on your behalf), and any previous Big Rig loan payment history
- Such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law
- Personal information about you given to us by others and personal information about others provided by you.
Big Rig may obtain information about our business borrowers and their authorized representative of the business from affiliates, identity verification services, or credit bureaus.
The USA Patriot Act
The USA Patriot Act has paved the way for financial institutions to help prevent fraud, identity theft, and spread of terrorism. It requires financial institutions to obtain more information from an individual or legal entity to help establish identity.
Your cooperation is needed when your business opens a new account or requests a loan. You may be asked more questions to establish and confirm your business’s identity and your identity as an authorized representative of the business for your business. It may also be required for your business and you as an authorized representative of the business to provide one or more of the following types of identification:
- Incorporation information, licensing information, permit information, or other evidence of registration of your business with local, state, and federal governmental bodies
- Driver’s license
- Passport & Country of Issuance
- U.S. taxpayer identification number
- Alien ID card
- Any other government issued document evidencing nationality or residence
Website – Use information
Technologies such as: Cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Big Rig and our partners (marketing partners, etc.), affiliates, or analytics or service providers (payment processors, etc.). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies as an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Security of Customer Information
Big Rig stores and processes customer information using data servers and third party servers located in data centers in the United States. Information about our business customers and their authorized representative of the business will be protected by commercially reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable regulations. Big Rig authorizes access to customer information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Use of Information
Big Rig’s primary purpose in collecting information about businesses seeking credit, about you, your business’s authorized representative of the business, is to allow customers to take full advantage of our products and services. Big Rig uses the information about the business and the authorized representative of the business to
- Provide services and support
- Process transactions and send notifications regarding general operation of the service
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Enforce our loan agreement
- Customize, measure and improve our services
- Update the content and layout of our website
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
Big Rig may share personal information with law enforcement, a state insurance authority, the Federal Trade Commission, self-regulatory organizations, or for an investigation on a manner related to public safety, to comply with federal, state, or local laws, rules, or other applicable legal requirements; to comply with a properly authorized civil, criminal, or regulatory investigation or subpoena or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; to respond to judicial process or government regulatory authorities having jurisdiction for examination, compliance, to report suspected illegal activity, to investigate any breach of our loan agreement or other agreement with Big Rig, or other purposes as authorized by law.
You consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information about the business, and personal information about you as the business’s authorized representative of the business, in various ways. Your consent can be express (e.g., orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of such information, including personal information) or implied (e.g. when you provide information necessary for a service or transaction you have requested for your business). In certain circumstances, you may provide your consent where notice has been provided to you regarding our intended use of your business’s information or your personal information as authorized representative of the business, and you have not withdrawn your consent for the intended use (e.g., when you do not elect an “opt-out” option). Consent may also be given by an authorized representative of the business or of you personally, such as another officer of the business with lawful authority, or your legal guardian or a person having power of attorney.
We collect, use and disclose information about your business and your personal information as an authorized representative of the business, with your consent, except as permitted or required by applicable law. We may be required or permitted under certain statutes or regulations to collect, use or disclose information provided about your business or your personal information as an authorized representative of the business without your consent, including, without limitation, to comply with a court order, local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government or law enforcement agency, or to collect a debt owed to use, our agents, representatives and service providers, or other registered user.
Links to Third Party Websites
Opting Out or Editing Customer Information
To opt out of email correspondence from Big Rig or make a change to (or delete) the information Big Rig has on file for your business (including your personal information as an authorized representative of the business), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-6BIGRIG (1-844-624-4744). You may write to us at Big Rig Lending, 101 E Crawford Street, Suite 400, Dalton, GA 30720. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Some customer information must be retained for regulatory reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your business’s account is active or as needed to provide services to your business, if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your business’s information (including your personal information as authorized representative of the business) to provide services you may contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use such information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements or for other business purposes.
If you think your business’s or your personal identity has been stolen, contact all three credit-reporting agencies listed below to put a fraud alert on your credit report: